Grameen Bank official burnt to death in fire caused by gas leak

Grameen Bank official burnt to death in fire caused by gas leak



A Grameen Bank official was burnt to death in a fire caused by a gas leak at a house in Rangamati last night.

The deceased — Sikandar Mia, 35 — was the second officer of Grameen Bank’s Bangalhalia Branch, said police.

“Sikandar died on the spot as he sustained serious burn injuries in a fire caused by a leak from a gas cylinder at a rented house in Bangalhalia Bazar around 9:20pm yesterday,” said Md Iqbal Baher Chowdhury, officer-in-charge of Chandraghona Police Station.

“We handed over the victim’s body to his family today after autopsy,” the OC added.

“Sikandar hailed from Bailtali village under Chandanaish upazila of Chattogram,” said, Syed Md Redwan Ali, branch manager Grameen Bank Bangalhalia Branch.

Sikandar left behind a son and two daughters, said the manager.